The following menus were designed by petition of one of our customers. His condition implies zero carbs – I added fruit to this diet to publish it on the web. These are examples of such menus, still Alkaline, Ketogenic and Ayurvedic. Keep in mind that this example includes carbs from three sources only: fruit, stevia and dark chocolate. I cannot insist enough before starting on this or any other diet or fitness program consult your physician first.
Metabol-boost Guiding lights:
- Eliminate the consumption of the following: sugar (white and brown), excess salt, processed, packaged and canned foods and juices – except for tuna, salmon (both in water), ginger leaves and prosciutto. Anything white! If it’s white, it’s processed except for coconut meat, guanabana and snow.
- Avoid or reduce to the minimum the intake of: red meat, pork, and starchy carbs like potatoes and corn; flour, yeast and all types of bread.
- Prefer room temp, warm or chilled to cold ones. Drink plenty of plain water or ginger and lime water. Add stevia and/or a spice to your drinks to make your metabolism a bit faster.
- Avoid Dairy Products. – Greek yogurt and plain yogurt can be an exception along with white cheeses such as: fresh mozzarella, feta and goat cheese – in small portions all.
- Wait for 5 minutes after every meal and then walk for 10 or 20, so long as it’s not too sunny. After every meal.
Rules for building meals:
- Every meal should contain: one portion of protein, one portion of fiber and one (small) of complex carbs eg fruits or whole grains.
- Allowed dairy products, eggs and cereals should not be consumed more than 3x per week (that is on 3 different meals).
- Spice them up! Use oil moderately.
- Dessert should be a piece of dark chocolate (2 squares of a small bar of Hershey’s Dark, 3 hershey’s kisses – plain the silver wrapping ones; or a fruit.
- Calories will be used conservatively.
***Extra tip: FAST! Yup, fasting is a great spiritual tradition and key to weight loss – if you don’t want a cheat day, then fast on Sundays and make all your meals something to drink, or liquid.. soups, juices, smoothies.
One green smoothie – hold here, it doesn’t have to have veggies! Eg oatmeal, sunflower seeds, ½ apple, 1/4 PHASE 1 green smoothie: green veggies – best if leafy greens 1 cup try celery and spinach (1/2 a cup each) – 1 slice of pineapple, with the heart, ¼ cup of shredded coconut and coconut water (8 oz or 250 ml). Blend it all together. If you want for it to be more fluid, add plain water. Be warned that this as is will pile up to 16 oz or 500 ml.
One green omelet – 2 eggs and one white, or viceversa – add veggies either leafy greens or mushroom and bell peppers, with chives or onion. If you’re not patient for the omelet, scrambled work too
Two poached eggs on a bed of spinach (raw and disinfected if possible) or margherita – on top of a tomato slice with mozarella
Smoked/Grilled/sealed chicken breast, turkey breast, salmon or tuna fillet; steamed veggies or raw salad- for steamed or grilled veggies think teriyaki, use sesame oil instead of soy sauce to make it Keto/ Alkaline. To pack up protein in this one, add sesame seeds or sunflower seeds, that will bring out the taste of your teriyaki too.
Veggie pasta and meat – shred zucchini, carrots and a very small portion of beets (just to add color and iron), place on skillet or pan with tomato sauce and ground meat (prefer one that’s not red, or use your red meat day). And one box of 8oz tomato sauce – or equivalent. Spice it up! Cilantro, and garlic will work great on this. Add tofu on top or white cheese when warm, let it grate.
Poultry or fish fajitas – cut a large chicken breast or turkey breast, a slice of fish into cubes or strips. Dice in thin slices: bell peppers, onions, mushrooms and sliced zucchini. In a large skillet or pan place sesame, avocado or coconut oil to heat; add the peppers and onions until the onions are brown. Add mushrooms and zucchini. Then add the poultry or fish diced or in strips. For added protein, add sesame or sunflower seeds. I would prefer sesame oil due to proteinic properties and flavor.
Green salad – Your choice of rocket, spinach or collard greens… feeling adventurous? Try all of the above! Slice an apple or pear, add pecans or almonds and raisins. Make a dressing with greek yogurt and fennel for added protein. I personally prefer this as dinner or if you’ve had a large breakfast.
A note on Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt, unlike regular yogurt , is packed with protein, and has very little whey or sugar. It also balances your blood sugar, to stop sugar cravings.
Chicken cordon bleu – have one open chicken or turkey breast. Place one slice of prosciutto or turkey breast (not the processed one, if possible) and cheese. Close the chicken breast and paste it together with beaten raw eggs- “bread” it in parmegian cheese and place it in the oven – cooking time is between 20 – 25 mins. Have a large side order of salad, tomato, lettuce and olives with a hint of olive oil and balsamic vinegar is a great combo.
Veggie pasta – Tuna salad – drain a can of tuna per person eating, add diced onion or chives, a hint of green peppers and mix. Serve on a bed of cooked zucchini pasta (as in spiraled, baked zucchini). Use greek yogurt dressing with the spice of your choice, cumin or fennel would be a great idea! Enjoy!
Dinner should be similar to lunch but in a smaller portion. Try to make lunch your largest meal of the day, and have dinner before 7 PM. Remember Keto IS the not how much you eat but what you eat. The only thing actually rationed here are eggs and chocolate!
Try not to snack! If cravings attack, drink a large glass of either plain or ginger-lemon water FIRST. If invincible have one of the following: an apple, a whole hand of nuts (almonds are best).
Drink tons of water – as per current weight that should be 2.5 lts be mindful that drinking tea and spiced water – but ginger and lime might result in dehydration. Try to at least break even in water vs tea and coffee.
All diets start on Monday. So today is day zero. Be creative and have fun! It might be a good idea that you record any changes you see in your energy, sleep patterns and such, I saw a major improvement in 3 days.
I’ll walk hand-in-hand!